Choosing a board
Adafruit Learn Guides on choosing a microcontroller
Here are some great Adafruit guides on how to choose a microcontroller:
- Adafruit Learn Guide: Which CircuitPython board is right for you?
- Adafruit Learn Guide: How to choose a microcontroller
- Adafruit Learn Guide: Best Beginner Boards for Teachers
Considerations for Choosing a Board
There are many features to consider when choosing a board
- What Software is supported
- Battery and Pass-thru chargning
- Minute 4:00 - Arduino Nano RP2040 Connect Pros and Cons listed
- Minute 6:15 Stemma-QT is discussed
- Minute 8:49 Stemma standard is discussed - not plug-compatible with Stemma-QT
- Minute 10:30 - Feather RP2040 Pros and Cons listed
- Minute 11:19 - QT Py RP2040 Pros and Cons listed
- Minute 12:19 Microcontrollers vs "Computers"
- Minute 0:57 Stemma QT recap
- Minute 1:42 Lists some boards which have STEMMA-QT ports
Explore what is STEMMA or STEMMA QT
CircuitPython components for beginners
- sensors - temperature, light, sound, proximity
- RFID, NFC, PIR
- Rotary encoders
This page was last updated on 2022-03-11 13:15:07 -0500.